Newark, Ohio 43055-1767
Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) offers a learning community that supports your academic success. What can COTC offer you? The top ten reasons to attend COTC are:
1. Locations throughout Central Ohio
- OTC courses are offered at campuses in Newark, Coshocton, Knox, and Pataskala.
- Classes from many programs can be taken at the campus of your choice.
2. Return on Investment
- An associate degree can greatly increase your earning potential.
- Employment for Ohio associate degree graduates is expected to grow 23 percent over the next decade.
3. Career Choices
- Students can choose from among 31 associate degrees and certificate programs.
- COTC offers flexible class times, including many online and evening courses.
4. Small Classes with Quality Faculty
- With a faculty–student ratio of 1:17, COTC offers personal attention in a quality, educational environment.
5. Great Career Opportunities
- In a recent survey, 95 percent of area employers were satisfied or very satisfied with the education graduate’s received from COTC.
- The average salary range for recent COTC graduates is between $33,000 and $37,000 annually.*
6. Transfer Options
- Graduates have many opportunities to continue their education by pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Some four-year colleges offer bachelor’s degree completion programs at the COTC Newark and Coshocton campuses.
7. Campus Life
- Student-athletes compete in a variety of intercollegiate sports.
- There are more than 40 active student organizations and clubs.
- Performing and cultural arts events are held throughout the year.
8. Academic Support
- The Office of Learning Support Services provides free online and peer tutoring, study skills workshops, and other services.
- The Math Lab provides free assistance with math-related coursework.
9. Outstanding Facilities
- Apartment-style housing is available within a five-minute walk of classroom buildings.
- Construction is underway for the state-of-the-art Warner Library and Student Center.
10. Childcare on Campus
- The Newark Campus Child Development Center serves children from 18 months through 12 years of age.
- The center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
* Typical salary ranges vary greatly among technologies. Information based on 2005–2006 Alumni Follow-up Survey.