Graniteville, South Carolina 29829
Aiken Technical College is a public, open-door, two-year, comprehensive institution of higher education established to provide citizens of greater Aiken County opportunities for educational, economic, professional, social and personal development. The College educates and trains students to provide an effective work force to support economic growth and community development through its focus on teaching and service.
- Secure the resources needed to support a projected annual enrollment of 3,500-4,500 credit students and 14,000 non-credit students.
- Offer associate degree, diploma and certificate programs which provide students with the knowledge and competencies necessary for initial entry into and advancement in engineering technology, industrial technology, information technology, health, environmental, business and social service careers.
- Prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions.
- Collaborate with secondary and four-year institutions to facilitate transition among educational entities.
- Construct curricula to address core competencies of written and oral communication, math, research, social/interpersonal, problem-solving, computer, and technical skills.
- Develop customized training and technical assistance for public and private sector employers to further economic growth.
- Deliver continuing education courses and special programs to address needs for occupational, vocational, and personal advancement.
- Conduct developmental education to prepare students for the college experience.
- Provide student support and counseling services to further individual student development and success.
- Assist local communities, agencies, and educational institutions to meet specific challenges.
About the School
Complete the form below and let us know how we can help you!
Please try again later.
- Update your KeyFacts information for FREE
- Become a Featured School
- Connect with students who are interested in your institution
- Enhance your page with a school profile, Web tour, and more!