Wheaton College - Massachusetts has seen many successful women graduate from their institution and pursue high-ranking positions within the government at both the state and federal level.
Christine Todd Whitman, who is a former governor of New Jersey and Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, graduated with a bachelor's degree in government. She also worked on the Nelson Rockefeller presidential campaign after attending this institution.
Ellen Moran, who is a former White House Communications Director and the current chief of staff to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke, also studied at the school. She holds a degree in political science and English literature.
The political science program at Wheaton College offers a range of courses that examine political behavior and focuses on the issues affecting the U.S. Furthermore, students investigate governing systems on a global level and the patterns of interaction between domestic and foreign factors in the international arena.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for federal government employees across all sectors are expected to increase by 9 percent over the next several years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning