The music department at West Liberty University (WLU) offers undergraduate degrees in music education, music performance and music technology. One famous musician who got his start at WLU, is country singer Brad Paisley. He can even be seen occasionally on stage playing a custom guitar with the WLU logo and school colors, according to his fan website.
Starting with the release of his 1999 album, "Who Needs Pictures," Paisley has recorded seven studio albums and a Christmas compilation on the Arista Nashville label, all which have been certified gold or higher by the Recording Industry Association of America, Arista Records reports. In addition, he has charted 25 singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, 15 of which have reached number one, with a record of 10 consecutive singles reaching the top spot.
Throughout his career, Paisley has gained accolades from the Academy of Country Music, Country Music Awards Association, Grammy Awards, Country Music Television Awards and the American Music Awards, among others. In 2009, he won the Best Male Country Vocal Performance Grammy award for the hit song "Letter to Me."
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning