The launch of Oprah's new television network, OWN, received media attention from around the world. Included in the programming of OWN is a series called Your Own Show. The program is a contest, in which every day people compete for the chance to host their own show.
One of the finalists for the series, Kristina Kuzmic, is an alumna of Vanguard University. The 2001 graduate became one of the last 10 contestants on the show, out of thousands of applicants, according to the school.
On the program, which is hosted by Nancy O’Dell and Carson Kressley, finalists are coached by television personalities such as Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and Gayle King.
Kuzmic, who graduated from Vanguard with a degree in theater, was involved in many campus productions, in addition to being an active member of the student community. She is known as the "sticky cook" on the show because of her passion for cooking healthy food for her children, the news source reports.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of actors is expected to increase over the next several years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning