Individuals who are seeking a postsecondary institution that offers a strong Christian foundation and opportunities for music ministry, may benefit from enrolling at Trevecca Nazarene University. The school boasts two faith-based musical groups for those who wish to pursue careers in entertainment and ministry.
Refuge, one of the university's performance endeavors, is a worship band that travels to churches, camps, retreats and other "fun places to minister as a representation of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ," according to the school.
Kaitlin Crofford, a music education and performance major who sings and plays piano in the group, said that after college, she would like to "be a worship leader at a church, perform with the Nashville Symphony Chorus and teach high school chorus."
Another offering is EverPraise, the school's music ministry team. Rebekah Edwards, a member of the group, said that after graduating from Trevecca, she would like to "serve as a worship pastor at a Nashville area church while pursuing my master's in worship arts," according to the school.
Those who wish to launch careers in ministry may benefit financially, as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that clergy members can earn an average of $42,950 per year.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning