High school students who wish to pursue careers in early childhood education can benefit from gaining experience in a related setting. The State University of New York (SUNY) Cortland offers an early childhood education degree program that boasts an on-campus child care center.
The program was founded in 1993 to serve students, staff and alumni of the college, New York state employees and the local community, SUNY reports. Everything within the facility is child-centered and appropriately furnished.
The licensed care center has eight classrooms including two infant rooms, a waddler room, two toddler rooms and three preschool rooms.
It features extensive infant, toddler and preschool playgrounds directly outside the building with covered patios for rainy days, as well as two indoor gross motor spaces where the children can expend energy. Daily activities are designed to promote development of children cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally.
The school's early childhood department collaborates with the program, and involves students through fieldwork placements and practicum experiences. The education curriculum can prepare students to become teachers in preschool through grade two.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning