Southern Nazarene University (SNU) boasts many successful alumni in the political and entertainment industries. Among these professionals is alumnus, Rod Riley, who is the president and CEO of Word Entertainment, Warner Music Group's Christian music division, according to a press release.
In 2008, Riley was selected as the Chief Operating Officer of the company, and has overseen Word Label Group, Word Music Publishing, Word Distribution and Word Music.
"I believe music has the power to influence lives and I am honored to work at a company where our artists and songwriters are creating Christian music that brings hope to the world" Riley said. "The music business is in a historic state of transition, which requires our team to be committed to transforming the business model to meet the evolving needs of consumers and artists."
He said that his time at SNU helped prepare him for elements of what he has experienced in his career. Riley added that, through the student government association, he learned about servant leadership and real life teamwork.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning