Siena College in New York boasts graduates who have excelled in a number of fields. Among these successful alumni is Chris Gibson, who was elected as Congressman of New York's 20th district.
Gibson, who graduated magna cum laude in 1986 with a degree in history, earned Reserve Officer's Training Corps Commission, according to his website. After attending Siena, he served in the U.S. army for 24 years and was eventually promoted to the rank of Colonel. While in the military, Gibson was deployed seven times, including multiple tours of Iraq, Kosovo and Haiti.
During his time in the army, he earned two Legions of Merit, four Bronze Star Medals and a Purple Heart. In addition to his bachelor's degree, Gibson has obtained master's and doctoral degrees.
Aside from his career accomplishments, he published a book in 2008 titled Securing the State, which is about national security decision-making. Gibson has also taught American politics at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, political legislators can earn an average of $37,980 per year.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning