Many prominent judges and political figures at the state and federal level have walked the halls of Oklahoma City University. The school has graduated more than 10 high-ranking judicial members over the past 50 years, with many serving the Sooner State.
Michael D. Brown, who was head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency from its inception, graduated from the school. He is the first Undersecretary of Emergency Preparedness and Response, which is a division of Homeland Security. He attained the position after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and earned a nomination from former President George W. Bush.
He received a juris doctor (J.D.) degree from the school in 1981, and he went on to handle labor and budget matters for Edmond, Oklahoma soon after he graduated. He later oversaw the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts that devastated the Gulf Coast.
The school now offers law classes online to help reach more people who may not live in the immediate area. Furthermore, they are providing learners with the opportunity to earn a J.D. and master's of business administration joint degree, which can save students approximately one semester of academic enrollment.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for judges, magistrates and other judicial workers are expected to increase by 4 percent in the coming years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning