Writers may wish to explore options offered at Muhlenberg College after learning that Rolling Stone Magazine and New York Times writers have graduated from the institution.
David Fricke was the senior editor at Rolling Stone Magazine during the 1990s. He interviewed many notable rock acts such as Nirvana's Kurt Cobain and his wife Courtney Love. His story on these individuals is widely cited by music historians.
He has also written linear notes for many prominent bands such as Metallica, Simon and Garfunkel, Jimi Hendrix, Ramones, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa and Billy Joel. Fricke currently writes the "Fricke's Picks" column for the publication.
Barbara Crossette graduated from Muhlenberg College and went on to work for The New York Times as the chief Southeast Asia correspondent. She was the publication's United Nations bureau chief from 1994 to 2001 and received the United Nations Correspondents' Association's lifetime achievement award in 2003.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that job opportunities for writers are expected to increase by 15 percent in the coming years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning