High school students who wish to launch careers in politics may want to enroll at Lycoming College, as nearly a dozen Congress members have attended the school. For example, according to the college, alumnus Tom Marino was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from the Pennsylvania 10th Congressional District.
In 1985, Marino graduated from the school magna cum laude with a bachelor's degree in political science and education. He then earned a law degree and began working for the law firm of McNerney, Page, Vanderlin and Hall in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
From 1992 to 2002, Marino served as Lycoming County's District Attorney, and as a U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He then worked as a business lawyer for DeNaples Management, before resigning in 2009 to earn the 10th Congressional seat.
Other Lycoming Congressional alumni include Joseph McCrum Belford, David Albaugh De Armond, Robert Edgar, James Hall Huling, Henry Clay McCormick, James Monroe Miller, James H. Osmer, Charles Emory Patton, Robert Fleming Rich, Ryan Thomas and Milton George Urner.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of government employees is expected to increase over the next several years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning