In honor of international education, NAFSA: Association of International Educators releases an annual report on the outstanding accomplishments of U.S. higher education institutions in the area of globalization.
In the report, titled Internationalizing the Campus: Profiles of Success at Colleges and Universities, La Roche College is recognized for its efforts to better prepare students for a global economy and an interconnected world.
NAFSA's Simon Award winners typically have the support and participation of their campus leadership, faculty, visiting scholars, staff, students and communities in creating a global approach to the curriculum, campus programs and outreach on their campuses.
Named for the late Senator Paul Simon (D-IL), the awards seek to recognize institutions where international education is infused into the learning environment. Senator Simon was a strong advocate for international education throughout his career in public service.
La Roche College's mission statement says the college "fosters global citizenship and creates a community of scholars from the region, the nation, and around the world" and seeks to "promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society." The Pacem in Terris Institute at La Roche provides scholarships for students from countries facing war and conflict in the Balkans, Africa and the Middle East.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning