Kuyper College in Michigan has established a name to describe the characteristics that give the school its unique appeal. A total of seven foundational elements, including ministry and professional majors, form what is known as The Kuyper Education Experience, or TheKee.
Another important component of the school is spiritual formation. Each of the school's academic programs are designed to "help students begin the transition from the theoretical to the practical before graduating into the world of ministry and service," according to Kuyper's website.
Internships and field education are also facets of TheKee, in that the school partners with nationally recognized ministries and organizations to give students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills that have learned in class. Enrollees also have the option to study in countries such as Israel, China, Kenya, Japan, Switzerland, South Africa, Mexico and Romania.
Those who wish to launch careers in Christian nonprofit management may have excellent job opportunities, as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment of these professionals is projected to increase by 14 percent over the next several years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning