Students who love the outdoors and want to spend their college years in a beautiful location may want to consider enrolling in Kaua'i Community College. Kaua'i island boats some of the best golfing, horseback riding, fishing, hiking, windsurfing, scuba diving and camping that Hawaii has to offer.
Furthermore, the school offers degree programs such as Hawaiian botany and Polynesian voyaging. Students who are enrolled in the botany program can expect to gain an understanding of the scientific and cultural contexts of Hawaiian plants. Participants in the voyaging program are provided with an education of the science behind and cultural context of, the sailing and non-instrument navigation of Polynesian and modern canoes.
The school also offers practical programs, such as the Cooperative Education initiative. Through this track, students will receive classroom studies and work experience that is directly related to their field of study.
Recent estimates from the Pew Research Center suggest that community colleges enroll close to half - more than 6 million - of all U.S. undergraduates. They are some of the most diverse academic institutions in America.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning