Collegiate athletics can be a competitive and stressful extracurricular activity. However, Holy Family University Department of Athletics aims to make sports more fun by hosting the annual Road to the Elite Eight event to kick-off the men's and women's basketball season, the school reports in a press release.
Prior to the event, fans can participate in the "tailgate party" in the Campus Center. During the party, fans have the opportunity to buy t-shirts and raffle tickets for the chance to win a gift card to Barnes and Noble or a brand-new mountain bike. Fans can also participate in Wii and Rock Band competitions. Proceeds from the t-shirt sales and raffle tickets are donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The Road to the Elite Eight features player introductions of the men's and women's basketball teams, a dance-off competition between both squads, a routine by the Holy Family Dance Team and Cheerleading squad and a number of interactive competitions.
The event is held in conjunction with the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SACC).
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning