Studying abroad can be a very important element of the college experience. According to VistaWide, around 36 percent of study abroad participants travel during their junior year. Students who wish to attend a university that offers a unique program abroad may want to enroll in Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts.
According to a press release, a partnership with the American University of Paris (AUP) has resulted in a comprehensive liberal arts program in France.
"Both Lang and AUP are committed to critical inquiry and engaged citizenship," said Kathleen Breidenbach, associate dean of the school. "Through this partnership, we build on these values while providing our students with this fantastic opportunity - to continue their progressive education immersed in the culture of one of the world's great urban centers."
The school reports that the program encourages students to examine topics such as urban, media and literary studies. In addition, the two institutions are utilizing videoconferencing technology and social media.
All students are eligible to participate, and knowledge of the French language is not required.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning