According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in science, technology, engineering and math occupations can earn an average salary of $64,650 per year. Those who wish to pursue degrees in engineering may benefit from attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida, as the school boasts a "green garage" where students can learn how to build environmentally friendly cars.
The school reports that the garage features a rotary vehicle lift, dedicated high-voltage room and an integrated hardware-in-the-loop laboratory, which was donated by National Instruments. All equipment was chosen for its low-environmental impact.
"With this facility, the College of Engineering affirms its commitment to going green, leading the way in developing technology and a trained workforce for an environmentally sustainable economy," said Maj Mirmirani, dean of engineering at the campus.
The school group EcoEagles are working on a long-term project to design and build a fuel-efficient Extended Range Electric Vehicle for the EcoCAR Challenge. In addition to preparing for that competition, these students are developing a reduced-emissions airplane for NASA's Green Flight Challenge and researching alternative lead-free aviation fuels.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning