Students who want to take their art to the digital medium may want to explore options at Eastern Iowa Community College District.
The two-year graphics arts program will prepare students by providing advanced, real-world skills needed to be successful in this field. Many employers are seeking professionals in this industry to help design logos, banners and other images for websites.
A strong emphasis is placed on detail-oriented and on-time work, where students are placed into a team atmosphere to learn constructive problem-solving techniques. The school offers classes on video game development for those who have an eye on joining the multi-billion dollar industry.
Students are tasked with choosing an emphasis before they graduate. They can focus on programs such as website development, graphic design, prepress, photography and game development.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for graphic designers are expected to increase by 13 percent in the coming years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning