Research has shown that occupations in the healthcare industry are expected to continue to increase in the future. As a result, many students are enrolling in degree programs that are related to this field.
Schools such as the University of North Texas offer psychology programs that have been completed by celebrities such as Dr Phil. In 1979, Phil McGraw earned his PhD in clinical psychology from the university, according to the New York Times. His dissertation was titled "Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Psychological Intervention." McGraw was guided through the doctoral program by Frank Lawlis, who later became the primary contributing psychologist for the Dr Phil television show.
More than 10 years later, Oprah Winfrey hired McGraw's legal consulting firm to prepare her for the Amarillo Texas beef trial, The Dallas Observer reports. Soon after, she invited him to appear on her show. He then began appearing weekly as a Relationship and Life Strategy Expert on Tuesdays starting in April 1998.
As of September 2002, McGraw formed Peteski Productions and launched his own syndicated daily television show, Dr. Phil, which is produced by Winfrey's Harpo Studios.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning