Aspiring actors may wish to enroll in City University of New York (CUNY) Lehman College, where Whoopi Goldberg and Ron Perlman both graduated.
Goldberg established her acting career after winning a Golden Globe Award for best actress in a dramatic motion picture for her work in The Color Purple. She also won the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People for outstanding actress in a motion picture award for the same role.
She has also been given awards for her roles in Ghost, The Long Walk Home, Sister Act, How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Good Fences. She is also an accomplished comedian and has made numerous appearances on various television sitcoms.
Perlman has played many cult-hit and supporting roles such as his portrayal of comic book hero Hellboy. He now has a role on the hit television show Sons of Anarchy and performs voiceover work for many video games and cartoons.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment opportunities for actors are expected to increase by 13 percent over the coming years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning