Crown College in Minnesota has a mission to provide a biblically-based education for Christian leadership in The Christian and Missionary Alliance, the church at-large and the world, according to the school. Individuals who wish to enroll in a faith-based music degree program may benefit from enrolling in Crown College, as the school uses iTunes University to showcase student talent.
The institution has a "New Songs" Chapel that was performed by students and can be heard on iTunes. In this chapel, seven songwriters - some with additional musicians - perform their original lyrics and songs for Crown's chapel audience.
Performance is a valued element of the college's music education programs, according to the school. The College Choir, Chamber Choir, Women's Choir, Crown Brass and Crown Orchestra are the ensembles in which students can participate to sharpen their skills while gaining performance experience.
Every two years, the College and Chamber Choirs travel overseas, most often to Europe. Students may also take part in traveling music teams like LifeVoice and the school's drama troupe, Encore. Besides the annual Christmas in Crown Chapel, the music department also presents a spring musical, recitals and special musical events throughout the year.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning