Students who wish to become pilots may want to pursue an aviation degree from Central Oregon Community College. Very few schools offer a program such as this because of insurance costs, which are often passed on to the students.
However, the very affordable aviation science program at the college provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to enter into piloting careers. Students will also earn the Federal Aviation Administration ratings that are necessary to become a professional pilot.
Furthermore, students can earn the private pilot, instrument rating, commercial pilot, multi-engine rating and the certified flight instructor certificates. The school also allows students to take individual classes for those who want to complete a refresher course and earn credentials on their own time.
Small class sizes ensure that each student receives the proper one-on-one instruction from professors, who will also serve as mentors after the individual graduates.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for commercial pilots are expected to increase by 19 percent in the the coming years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning