Many high school athletes looking to continue their career or to gain knowledge of the inner workings of professional sports management may want to apply to California University of Pennsylvania.
The school is home to famous alumni such as National Football League's Perry Kemp, Dominique Curry and Terrence Johnson as well as Arena Football League's Kevin McCabe, Nate Force and Kirby Griffin.
For students interested in moving up to the front office of professional sports to help run the business and bring new talent into the organization, Jack Zduriencik, general manager of Major League Baseball's Seattle Mariners, graduated from the school.
The school is also home to Old Main, which is designated as an historic landmark by the Washington County History and Landmarks Foundation. It was constructed in 1863 and was the institution's first structure of major significance. The structure features a bell tower and frescoes.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for athletes and sports competitors are expected to increase by 12 percent over the coming years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning