Individuals who wish to launch careers in business or engineering may want to consider enrolling at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo. The school was listed among the top universities in the nation that produce the best graduates to hire in these fields, according to recruiters who were polled by the Wall Street Journal (WSJ).
The WSJ reports that Cal Poly business graduates are on par with Stanford, Harvard, Penn State and UC Berkeley, while engineering alumni top those of UCLA, Rensselaer and Carnegie Mellon, among others.
In the WSJ's Rankings by Major category, Cal Poly was named number 22 in the nation among the top 25 private and public universities for producing business and economics graduates. The school was also named number 18 among the top 25 best private and public engineering graduate producers.
In the report, one recruiter said, "Cal Poly is our top school preference because of the quality of the career center staff and the caliber of students. Also, the students are required to apply their skills in the business environment through their Senior Project and internships, which are tied to academic credit and graduation requirements."
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning