Aspiring artists may want to enroll in a degree program that boasts successful alumni. Karyn Lukasek, a graduate of Bethany Lutheran College in Minnesota, was featured in the Annual Members' Show at the Northfield Arts Guild (NAG), Northfield News reports.
Lukasek participated in the show two years in a row. Her pieces - a two-toned acrylic painting entitled Fall, and a sculpture entitled Curiosity - were showcased during the event. According to the news source, her paintings, drawings, cut paper collages and sculptures are inspired by the colors found in nature, her religion, and by people in general.
The Members' Show is unique because it is not juried, and it is open to all members of the NAG who are over 18 years old. Participating artists can to enter two pieces, unless the art measures more than four square feet, in which case they are permitted to submit one.
The NAG consists of 400 members who support theater, dance, music and literature.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of artists is expected to increase over the next several years.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning