Attending college can be financially beneficial, as the U.S. Department of Labor projects that in the coming decade, 90 percent of new high-growth, high-wage jobs will require some postsecondary education. Students who wish to enroll at a university that boasts a fun and exciting student life may want to consider Beloit College in Wisconsin.
The school has a frisbee golf course on its campus grounds, as well as the Beloit Ultimate Frisbee Family (BUFF) and intramural teams during each spring semester.
In 2006, a group of 30 Beloit students broke the record for the longest continual game of Ultimate Frisbee, according to Sports Illustrated. The group planned the event in secret for more than two months, before setting the new record of 72 hours.
The news source reports that the previous record had been set by a club team in Leeds, England, which played for 70 hours.
Alex Tillett-Saks, one of the organizers, told the media outlet that students don't make it through Beloit without ever having played frisbee. He added that the president of the college wrote the team a letter, and a professor sent him an e-mail telling him he was surprised because he didn't think they would do it.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning