High school students who wish to launch careers as accountants may have excellent job prospects, as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that overall employment of these professionals is expected to increase over the next several years. Degree seekers who are considering working in this field may benefit from enrolling at Bay Path College in Massachusetts, as the school offers internships that can give enrollees real-world experience.
For example, students at the college have been assigned to help at Longmeadow town hall, Mass Live reports. The interns have helped several town departments complete data entry projects and other office-related tasks. Manager Robin L. Crosbie told the news source that the students are helping the town fix problems that require attention to detail.
The program "gives students the opportunity to work in an office on campus or other affiliate sites like the Longmeadow Public School or town departments," said Sally Schirmer-Smith, director of career services.
Crosbie added that the interns contribute mainly to finance departments, but also public works and health.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning