Baldwin-Wallace (BW) College offers numerous opportunities for students who wish to be involved in theatre. For example, the school premiered the first-ever repertory productions of La Bohème by Giacomo Puccini and Rent by Jonathan Larson, according to BW.
The director, Victoria Bussert, worked on the program - which is the world's first-ever in repertory productions of these two shows - for more than 15 years. The cast includes 70 BW students - some of whom have already established professional contacts in New York - from the school's music theatre and voice programs.
"Most people who know La Bohème haven't seen Rent and most people who are familiar with Rent haven't seen La Bohème," said Bussert. "Now people can see and appreciate the parallels of these two productions."
The final shows were a culmination of 15 months of pre-production and five months of rehearsals.
Rent, which is based on the story of La Bohème, focuses on a group of struggling artists in New York who push the risks of city life.
- St. Mary’s University creates unique graduation pledge program
- Messiah College offers sustainable Christian education
- Bennington College boasts famous alumni such as Michael Pollan
- Wall Street Journal ranks California Polytechnic State University graduates among top in the nation
- Hartwick College alumna teaches current students about landscape design
- Virginia State University’s business program boasts affordable digital textbooks
- Widener University offers ROTC nursing program
- The University of Texas in San Antonio offers the first fully digital library
- Saint Michael’s College graduate former CEO of MTV
- University of Mississippi boasts alumni such as Archie and Eli Manning