The difference between high school coursework and college coursework is like night and day. In college, everything is your own responsibility. Your parents won’t know if you do your homework, and your teachers won’t care if you do your homework. This leaves all of the responsibility up to you to make your grade what you want it to be.
If you are wondering HOW to get the grade you want, here are a few tips to push you in the right direction:
• Create a “To-Do” list. Write down all of the tasks or assignments you need to complete, and complete them! This could be a daily, weekly, or monthly list.
• Prioritize! Figure out what assignments are the most important, and complete those first. For example, a test this week might be more important than a five point assignment due in two weeks.
• Decide how you study best. You might prefer to study outside, in the library, with a group, or alone in your room. Everyone has different preferences; find what works best for you!
• Create goals. Goals will give you something to work toward and keep you focused.
Now that you know how to get the grade you want, I am going to leave you with a few tips that you should NEVER forget:
• What you put into it is what you get out of it. The work you put into a class is usually the grade you will receive.
• DON’T procrastinate. I guarantee you will regret it every time.
• Learn something new every day. College is a time to figure out who you are and who you want to be. Figure out your interests and learn, learn, learn!
With these tips and tricks in mind, you will be prepared for your college courses. If the hard work is there, the good grades will follow!